Mile High adventure!
Once we traveled over the continental divide and arrived in SW Denver we headed to “The Platte River Bar & Grill” for lunch and a GIANT marg. (Yes one is all you need)
Amazing Food, Great People, Good Times
“The Platte” has been a serving the Denver area for over twenty years. Located along the Platte River in Littleton Colorado, we have been a favorite stop for bikers and cyclists looking to refuel. We offer plenty of outside seating ( and heated inside seating during the winter months) making us a perfect place for those who enjoy the sunshine as much as good company. We are a family owned and operated so it’s not that same old corporate stuffy feeling. No matter what the occasion, we can accommodate any size party or occasion with over 300 outdoor seats as well as 170 indoor seats to suit your need (a great place for a birthday or business get together)! With a wide variety of food specialties and drink concoctions, you will always find something unique and different @ the Platte River Bar and Grill!
“The Platte” is a Denver staple for our family. The menu offers a variety of items and all taste like home-made! Check out their website – www.theplatte.com
Our family was going to take us to breakfast at South Glenn to a place named Snooze but they had an hour and half wait. We decided to find a different restaurant. We ended up dining at a place called Ivy at the Glenn. They had an amazing brunch. Bottomless Bloody Mary’s and Bottomless Mimosa’s. I have zero photos from this great place because my phone was dead. I enjoyed the Creme Brulee Oatmeal…
“Ivy at the Glenn—Streets of SouthGlenn—At The Fountain
New England Style Clam Chowder, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Seared Ahi Tuna Salad, Mussels Marinara w/ Ciabatta Crostini, Alaskan King Crab, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, and Bloody Mary’s!
Here are a few Colorado Travel tips for those of you interested in visiting Colorado!
1. Stay hydrated so you don’t get altitude sickness
2. Speaking of altitude one drink and you will have a buzz so yes you will be a cheap drunk.
3. Don’t buy beer in a grocery store or convenience store it’s 3.2 vs 6.0 so be sure to buy it in a liquor store.
4. Liquor stores close at midnight.
5. Bars stop serving at 2:00 am
6. If you drive out of the city on I-70 and the weather isn’t bad and you can’t go the speed limit or 5-10 faster stay in the right hand lane.
7. At 53 square miles, Denver International Airport is twice the size of Manhattan.
8. The 16th street mall has shuttles. But you can pretty much walk almost everywhere downtown.
9. You can buy weed in Colorado but I saw only one pot shop between South Denver and North Denver. Don’t believe everything you hear on the news Colorado is NOT up in smoke!
10. Enjoy the Mile High City!